Marshall Lions RiverFest featuring the 24th Annual Steak and Lobster Dinner is Saturday, August 13th, 2016 at Fireman’s Park in Marshall. Activities run all day long with fun for the whole family. Do not miss this family friendly community event! Steak & Lobster will be served from 3:00pm-7:00pm.
Activities Include (Download Event Poster Here):
- Cash Raffles: $1,000 Grand Prize!! 15 total cash prizes – $5 each or (5) for $20 – LIC #ROOOO52OOA-14365
- Car Show Poster: Registration 7 am to 11am on August 13th with judging ending at 12:00pm – Awards at 1:00 pm. $10 entry plus two non-perishable food items for the Marshall/Waterloo Food Pantry. Dash plaques for the first 100 to register. Trophies awarded at 1:00 pm and community cruise at 1:30 pm. 8 car classes – 3 motorcycle classes – 11 trophies and tons of door prizes! For further details contact Lion Tim Harrison – (608) 279-4417 or tharrison53559TH@gmail.com. (no carry ins or bicycle/pets around cars or motorcycles)
- 2-Person Cardboard Boat Races: (10 and over). We will offer boat building classes at 10am. Cardboard & duct tape will be provided. You bring your own decorations and/or boats. Boats will be on display through out the day, races start at 4:00pm on the Maunesha River. Contact Lion Lee with questions at (608) 655-4474 Cardboard Boat Race Rules & Registration
- Marshall Mad Dash – Forms at Marshall Library or Farmers & Merchants State Bank. 1K fun run at 8:30 with 5K run/walk at 9:00am. Benefits the Marshall Scholarship Foundation. Mad Dash Registration
- Bean Bag Tourney: Registration from 11:30am to 12:45pm with play starting at 1:00 pm. You can also register in advance with Lion Phil at firstname.lastname@example.org.$10 per team and 100% payout!
- Tractor Show: Registration 11 am – Noon in parking lot across from Marshall Methodist Church – 318 William Street, Marshall, WI 53559. $10 entry (No cab tractors). Classes: Pre-40, 40-50, 50-60, 60 – 75, present. Tractors on display from Noon to 4 pm with prizes for best in group and furthest traveled. Personalized photos and certificates for all tractors entered!
- Back Again! Horse Pull – starts at 12:00 pm and goes till about 5:00pm. Bring your cameras!!
- Other Fun Activities: Marshall FFA Petting Zoo 4 – 8 pm, Bouncy House 10 am – 6 pm
- MUSIC: Free music all day and featuring Rock & Roll band Decades playing from 7:30 – 11:00 pm in the Pavilion!
Steak & Lobster, other food and desserts:
- Steak & Lobster Dinner: 3 – 7:00 pm advance ticket sales only – call Lion Layne 608-655-4151 or Lion Denny 608-576-3837 for meal tickets. Meals include sweet corn, baby red potatoes and dinner roll.
- Two beef tenderloins $19
- Steak & Lobster tail – $22
- Two Lobster tails – $25
- Hot Coffee and Sweet Treats 6:30 am – 10 am
- Burgers, Brats, Hotdogs available day of: 10 am – 7:00 pm
- Desserts: Totally awesome desserts for sale by the Medina Marvels 4H Club
- Beverages & Bar: Open from 10 am to 11:00 pm
Proceeds from this fundraiser go directly toward helping those in need in and around our community. Projects include Coats for Kids (Marshall Schools), eye exams and eyeglasses, hearing aids for those in need, Donor Tissue Driving, support of FFA and other student leadership projects, Lions Camp for Kids, Marshall Youth Club, Lion Camp for Blind, Deaf and Diabetic kids, and many other projects. Your support is very much appreciated.